You don’t need to be an expert cook or an aspiring chef to learn how to prepare and make weed butter. Anyone can create weed butter, also known as Cannabutter. Cannabutter is melted butter which has been mixed and slowly heated, or steeped, with activated weed.
Making butter from cannabis is a great way of safely ingesting weed and experiencing its recreational and healing effects. It is the healthy way to consume weed. Plus, it gives non-smokers the opportunity to enjoy cannabis without damaging their lungs.
Cannabis offers many health benefits and it is being more accepted in the medical community as a natural and effective treatment for many diseases and ailments. Cannabis butter is an ideal treatment for people who suffer pain to live their lives with less physical and mental pain and suffering. Also, cannabis may alleviate cancer-related symptoms including chronic pain and nausea reduction, as well as acting an effective relaxation and sleeping aid.
The recipe below is for making 30mg per tablespoon of cannabis butter or oil. The normal dose is around 10mg per person. To test the potency of your weed butter, take a quarter of a teaspoon and wait for an hour. Tune into how you feel and listen to your body. It will tell you how much more, or less, of the weed butter you can take for an optimal experience. Being cautious with taking your weed butter will allow you to have a more positive and joyful experience. Weed butter can also be used to make weed brownies.
1. Decarbing Your Cannabis
The first thing to do is to decarb (decarboxylate) your cannabis. For this alchemical process to happen you will need to bake your weed. This facilitates the activation of the active components in your weed. These are CBD, THC, and any other cannabinoids. Also, the lipids inside your butter, or oil, will easily bind to your weed. This will boost the amount your body absorbs after ingestion for deeper relaxation, journeying, and healing.
These are the items you will need:
- Half an ounce of weed
- A pair of scissors or a hand grinder
- An oven
- A baking tray or a glass baking dish
This is the recipe:
- Turn on your oven and preheat it to a temperature of 220° Fahrenheit.
- Break apart your weed gently using your hands, a pair of scissors, or a hand grinder until it is perfect for rolling a joint. Anything finer than this will slip through the cheesecloth.
- Evenly spread your decarbed weed onto your baking tray or a glass baking dish. Then put this in the centre of your oven.
- Choose a suitable baking time. When using old or low-quality weed, bake your herb for 20 minutes. Bake for 45 minutes when using higher quality weed, or an hour if your weed is fresh and wet.
- Whilst baking, check your herb frequently and mix it every 10 minutes or so to prevent burning it. You know it has decarbed when the colour of your weed has changed from a bright green to deep brownish green.
2. Cannabis Butter Infusion
These are the ingredients you will need:
- Half an ounce of decarbed cannabis
- Eight ounces of butter (clear and melted), or oil (such as coconut or olive oil)
- One and a half cups of water
- A medium size saucepan and lid
- A wooden spoon
- A metal strainer or cheesecloth for a filter
- A thermometer to test temperature
This is the recipe:
- Add water and butter to a medium saucepan on very low heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add your decarbed cannabis. Mix this in well with a wooden spoon and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Let your mixture slowly simmer for four hours. Every half an hour, stir your mixture to prevent your butter from burning. Use a thermometer to ensure the temperature remains below 180°.
- After four hours, strain the mixture into a container with a metal strainer or cheesecloth.
- Let your weed butter cool down to room temperature for an hour or so.
3. How to Use Weed Butter
You can use your cannabis butter or cannabis oil straight away or store it inside a fridge. You can also put it into silicone ice cube trays for freezing. If you use a well-sealed jar or container, then the contents should keep well for up a month in the fridge and six months in a freezer.
You can bake and cook with weed butter to infuse many recipes. These include cannabis fudge, brownies, cookies, and even spaghetti sauce. Experiment with using your Cannabutter or oil. Try mixing one tablespoon of Cannabis-infused olive oil with 3 tablespoons of normal virgin olive oil for a powerful salad dressing that will blow your mind.
You can also adapt this recipe to make weed butter that is infused with sesame chili oil. You can also add a few teaspoons of infused oil into baked foods including chocolate brownies and breakfast blondies. You can sprinkle this onto rice or pasta dishes or prepare some coconut oil that is infused with weed oil for your next message or face oil.
Experience spiritual transformation with Brownie Boyz Weed Brownies and Magic Mushroom Brownies by visiting our online shop. There is nothing more satisfying than delving into a home cooked Brownie Boys Brownie. There you will discover our delicious Weed Brownies including Tunnel of Love and Wave Rider. Our brownies will help with your meditation, healing, and sleeping. They may also provide you with a deeper and more profound experience whilst allowing you to function and move through your daily activities.
We also have the perfect magic mushroom products for you including Infinity or Merlin’s Magic. You can micro dose our magic mushroom bars on a daily basis or take a larger amount for a deeper and more profound experience. Once you get to know our products you will know how best to use them. Start slow and discover your way. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.